PERSPECTIVES ON FUND AUTOMATION FROM GLOBAL ASSET MANAGERS AND ASSET SERVICERS - DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST RESEARCH
How automated is the funds industry around the world? In our latest research we look at what progress asset managers and asset servicers have made in automating their businesses. We examine not just how automated the industry is, however, but how automated it perceives itself to be, asking how that differs by country, company and manager type and the driving forces within those groups.
We spoke to nearly 600 respondents from across the globe, from both mature and emerging markets. The respondents were mutual fund investment managers, both those who largely outsource their operations and those that largely manage them in-house, and mutual fund asset servicers or administrators.
- 52% of respondents identified their businesses as mostly or fully automated, with asset servicers most likely to be automated.
- Around 2/3rds of respondents are still using fax machines, with fax usage more prevalent in Asia
- Client service is the top driver for automation globally, with asset servicers driven more by cost than other business types
- For future priorities for automation, Asian markets are more focused on orders and settlements and European markets more on account opening
- Digital forms, business process and workflow management rated highly as key tools for automation, with Malaysia, Singapore and Australia focusing on more transformative technologies such as DLT than other markets
LOOKING TO AUTOMATE YOUR BUSINESS?
By joining the Calastone network, clients are seamlessly connected to the world’s largest community of funds, giving access to funds worldwide through a robust and digital network, ensuring that the fund trading process becomes faster, risk-free and lower in cost. Contact us to find out more.