UK investors bought equity funds in April at the fastest pace since May 2021 - they added a net £1.41 billion in new capital to their holdings during the month.
Key highlights from this month's FFI:
- Inflows to equity funds of £1.41bn in April were the largest since May 2021
- Global funds scooped the most new cash (£1.58bn) but emerging markets, North America and technology funds are also enjoying renewed interest
- UK funds continue to suffer very significant outflows – the big switch to international funds continues apace
- Trading volumes fell by a fifth in April – high March turnover reflected the need to use capital gains tax allowance before it was cut for 2023/24
- Money market funds are competing strongly for surplus bank deposits – inflows have surged
- ESG Focus – inflows to ESG funds have fallen below traditional funds